Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2418 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Renntech tuned C190 Mercedes-AMG GT R M178 vs. W213 E63 S wagon 4Matic drag and roll races

This honestly should be pretty one-sided but Carwow is Carwow. The Renntech tuned AMG GT R is not only considerably lighter than the E63 S wagon it is making more power and torque sent to the rear wheels through a dual clutch gearbox.

Click here to enlarge

Both cars feature similar engines although the E63 S has an M177 variant with twin scroll turbochargers giving it a higher horsepower rating of 603 from the factory. The M178 differs with a dry-sump but also does not have twin scroll turbos.

The AMG GT R driver does not know hot to put the power down and spins the tires in the drag race. He has to play catch up against the all wheel drive stock wagon and does not catch it in time. He closes the large gap though telling you the GT R should demolish it from a roll.

This being Carwow they do not start the cars in the right gear but wait for the gearbox to select the gear for them. It's so stupid you want to slap these morons. They complain about having to 'wait quite a long time' for the gearboxes yet they could simply start in the right gear.

Regardless, the tuned AMG GT R pulls away easily.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Sticky get your info right, schmee had race start engaged, so the computer controls wheelspin. And as I pointed out to you on drag times , tuned versions of these cars seems to run slower times than stock because of lack of traction from stock rubber....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2418 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Blown6 Click here to enlarge
    Sticky get your info right, schmee had race start engaged, so the computer controls wheelspin.
    Which isn't going to work on a tarmac like that with street tires. He should know that. What do you mean get my info right? Like I've never used 'race start' or 'launch control' before?

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Blown6 Click here to enlarge
    tuned versions of these cars seems to run slower times than stock because of lack of traction from stock rubber....
    Then people should run drag rubber. Not my problem.